Sunday, March 9, 2014

10 Day Countdown

As I become more annoyed at the inefficiencies, injustices, and hypocrisies of the corporation I work for, my eagerness to be on the Trail grows stronger. We have seven days left to work and will leave just two days after we finish work. My wife's parents will drive us down from Michigan to Georgia and we will all stay in a hotel somewhere down there. The next morning we will drive to Amicalola Falls State Park where they will drop us off. And then we will begin our adventure!

We started packing up all our things more than a month before our departure. And the small 'To Do' list  I wrote last month expanded into a million other things. We still have several thing left to do, but nothing we can't handle. We have three going-away dinners to eat this week, we have to pick up some flat-rate boxes at the post office and pack up a few more mail-drops, we have to watch the last film in Godfrey Reggio's '-qatsi' trilogy which explores the relationships between humankind, nature, and technology, and we have to pack up the rest of our stuff.

We've been going to Goodwill a lot, giddy to be free of one more thing. We're been looking up insurance policies and found good travelers' insurance, but still need to sign up. We've filed our taxes, but still need to send in our check. I've got a few more blogposts to write. I've got to load all of our music onto our Smartphone.

I'm trying to reread Walden. There are two other books I wanted to read before we leave. I'm going to compile a prayer list. I'm going to gather addresses to send postcards to. I've got to write-in some information in our guidebook.

I'm using the Avett Brothers to keep my sanity.

I should have hiked more, even though it was cold outside. I should have shaved off a few pounds from my belly.

But the adventure will be here in ten days and we will be ready!                

No comments:

Post a Comment